Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MY Pacific Ocean List

Six months before Sara left Korea, she began making a "Pacific Ocean" list - things she wanted to do before crossing the Pacific Ocean to go back home. I really liked her idea and have been inspired to do the same. Rather than sharing my whole list now, I'm going to share what a few of the things on my list that have already been accomplished (in no particular order):

  • DMZ Visit (5/29) with Liza, Marika, and Gabbi

  • War Memorial (5/21) with Makeeya


  • Learned how to make bulgogi with my Korean mother


  • Jimjilbang/Sauna (5/21) with Makeeya & Steph


  • Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival (4/20) with one of my co-teachers

  • Went to the top of Namsan Tower (4/24) with Jennifer W & Jennifer K

  • Started language exchange (4/24) with my "big sister/oenni" Jina


  • Finished Experiencing God study with my small Group

  • Half-finished with memorizing Psalm 91 (with Sara)

  • Read English Teaching as Christian Mission (6/2)

  • Took the GRE Practice Exam (6/2)

  • Hosted a game night last month (and planning to continue to have one each month before I leave


  • Received a hanbok from my Korean parents!!!!!!!!!!! (I had been wanting a hanbok for a long time, but figured I probably wouldn't get one because they're so expensive. I love how God really knows the desires of my heart - even seemingly small, insignificant ones)!
If you have any questions/would like more details about the things listed about, I will accept requests (although I cannot promise great expediency in responding)... ;-)

Perhaps I'll share more of my Pacific Ocean list at a later time. It is still under construction, so if any of you have any suggestions, I will take them under consideration. ^^


2 comments:

Jana Alexis said...

This is a great idea, Holly. Kind of like our things-to-be-done-before-the-end-of-college list. Am I making that up...because I'm pretty sure I remember that we made one? Keep the updates coming! :)

Anonymous said...

Holly - I loved the pictures! I need to put more pictures with my blogging ...or maybe I just need to blog more, huh? wink
How was the GRE practice exam?