*I was given the privilege of writing an article for our middle school newspaper, in light of the end of the semester and my upcoming departure.
Greetings to my Cheongryang family!
선생님들께: You have all been so welcoming, thoughtful, and kind to me. You have been patient with my very limited 한국말 and so many of you have taken extra time and energy to speak English with me. I’ve cherished our times together – Volleyball, Morning Prayer, English Bible Study, Christmas parties, Teacher trips, 회식 dinners, snacks in the 교무실, and random conversations. Thank you for some wonderful memories.
학생들에게: It has truly been a joy to teach you! I’m thankful that I could spend my first years as a teacher in Korea with you. You’ve taught me so much about loving, learning, and teaching. Even though English can be difficult sometimes, I’m proud of you for working so hard. Remember: Don’t be afraid to make mistakes! J
Finally, I want to thank 하나님for bringing me to Cheongryang Middle School. It has been such a wonderful journey to see how God has answered so many prayers and blessed me with such wonderful people to share my time in Korea with. I prayed for you before I even knew you and will continue to keep you in my prayers.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
With much love,
~ Teacher Holly
P.S. A special note to the 3rd graders: It’s been such a joy to teach you twice – as 1st graders and as 3rd graders. I’ve really enjoyed seeing how you have grown and matured so much. I’m sorry I can’t be here for your graduation (ㅠ.ㅠ), but I will be thinking of you. Best wishes to you in the future!
2 comments:
A true epistle, in the style of Paul to the Phillipians. Your love just shines thru!! ...and I will be praying with you that His Love also shines thru to "woo" these precious ones to Himself. Love you so much!
That's just wonderful, Holly. I'm glad you were given the opportunity to express your thanks and heart to the school.
Post a Comment