Saturday, March 13, 2010

Coping with Change

Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life in fear; rather look to them with full hope that, as they arise, God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them. He has kept you hitherto,--do you but hold fast to His dear hand, and He will lead you safely through all things; and, when you cannot stand, He will bear you in His arms....The same everlasting Father who cares for you today, will take care of you to-morrow, and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
- Francis de Sales (quoted in Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss)

To say the past couple of weeks have been challenging would be an understatement. It's almost embarrassing how faithless I can find myself, yet God still continues to be SO faithful.

For the word of the LORD is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.
Psalm 33:4

I will betroth you to me forever;
I will betroth you in righteousness and justice,
in love and compassion.

I will betroth you in faithfulness,
and you will acknowledge the LORD.
Hosea 2:19-20

Though I am incredibly unworthy (which I've been reminded of in multiple ways), somehow He still loves me. I don't understand it.

...the love relationship is why God created you. That is far more important to Him than what you do. - Henry Blackaby, Experiencing God

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

I Corinthians 1:9

He's ALWAYS been faithful to me...
for that, I'm thankful.

1 comment:

Jana Alexis said...

"Morning by morning I wake up to find, the power and comfort of God's hand in mine. Season by season I watch Him, amazed. In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways. All I have need of, His hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me." Thanks for reminding me of that song. Love you!