I've been anxiously awaiting spring here in Seoul, and I think it's finally almost here! When I first started to see flower buds on the trees a couple of weeks ago, I was overwhelmed with anticipation. I'm so ready for spring!!!
Random things that have happened over the past month:
- Said good-bye to Sara
- Started a new school year with 350 new students, 350 former students, 2 new co-teachers,and four former co-teachers
- got to re-connect with some former teachers over dinner
- learned to send text messages in Korean
- had an "extreme makeover" sermon series at OEM (my church)
- started reading Keith Green's biography, No Compromise
- tasted cactus chocolate
- hosted a birthday party at my place
- it snowed three times (after I thought spring already came)
- experienced God's amazing provision (once again) through a dear friend at church. I inherited a bunch of clothes from her sister... God is amazing - He knows EXACTLY what I need!
- received a drive-through campus tour of Seoul National University via a friend who works on campus
- celebrated the baptism of a former small group member
- learned how to cook 된장찌개 (dwen-jang-chi gae; a bean-paste soup) from my Korean "big sister"
- taught my students how to answer the question, "How are you?" without responding, "I'mfinethankyouandyou!"
- noticed my little rose bush beginning to grow wildly (and begging for a bigger pot!)
- attended a former small group member's long-awaited wedding
- tasted chrysanthemum tea
- started teaching an elite class one night each week
- taught my 3rd graders about Easter
- prepared a speaking test for 1st & 3rd graders (to be taken in a couple of weeks)
Although this month started out pretty rough, I'm really thankful for God's faithfulness and provision. There have been so many blessings, amidst the many challenges.
Looking forward spring...
No comments:
Post a Comment