Tuesday, June 22, 2010

OEM Retreat: RESTING in His Shadow

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Our pre-retreat dinner

Good times with my Latvian-American friend


Good times with my "Asian" LA friend

Good times with a fellow Hoosier

Good times with my roomies


Highlights of the OEM Retreat:
  • Good times of connecting with dear friends (note the pictures above)
  • Actually RESTING! I've never been to a retreat that was actually restful. However, the schedule was structured to allow for sleeping in and several optional activities (most of which I surprisingly skipped). It was nice to have some time to just BE.
  • Heart to heart conversations on the bus
  • Delicious muffins for breakfast (and leftovers to bring home)!
  • An awesome condo
  • Being nestled among BEAUTIFUL mountains! My apologies... I did a poor job of taking landscape pictures, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
  • Getting a surprise facial from my eunni (big sister), Jina
  • Finding a small chapel with awesome acoustics - had the place to myself and got to sing my heart out! It's been soooo long since I've been able to do that!
  • Questions game with my roomies
  • Psalm 107 - Had a refreshing and much-needed time of prayer and journaling. It was a great time of reflecting on God's faithfulness in the past seasons of my life, particularly the times of transition. I finally made peace with my decision to go home in August, trusting that God is going to continue to be steadfast in His love; steadfast in His wondrous works in my life. (I can be so prone to worry sometimes)!
Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man!
Psalm 107:8, 15, 21,31

P.S. The hymn Jesus, I am Resting, Resting was shared with me when I first came to Korea in August 2008. I had nearly forgotten about it until this retreat, which was completely focused on resting in God's presence. What a sweet reminder as I now prepare to return to the States.

2 comments:

Jana Alexis said...

August? Is it really that soon that you're coming home. I can hardly wait to see your face.

Anonymous said...

a) Sounds like it was a wonderful retreat and rest - I'm glad you got the opportunity to do that.
b) Hmm...the questions game. Is that the one that you introduced to second floor Tuckey when you were my RA? :) That was fun!
c) Singing alone in a chapel - I LOVE doing that. :)
d) As you can tell, I was catching up on reading your blog today. I hope you don't mind the numerous comments. ;)
e) I love you.
f) Hopefully I can see you sometime soon!