Sunday, June 1, 2008

EXHAUSTED

I know it's been a long time since I've updated... it's been crazy. Work is going better. This week has been a hard week. I'm really tired. Every day after work this week (Tuesday - Saturday), I've had something going on that has caused me to rush home, change, and jump back in the car:

Memorial Day weekend - surprisingly quiet actually... and a little lonely until Monday. Family spent most of the time at baseball (nothing out of the ordinary). Cleaned around the house quite a bit. Made a fruit salad and brownies for visits at my grandparents houses.

Tuesday - Sweet time with Sara in the morning (running, whole wheat pancakes, encouraging prayer time). Work 11-5. Caleb had baseball practice and I had the honor of dropping him off, picking him up, and going to an impromptu baseball pizza party/trophy presentation. In between practice, I had a wonderful visit with Miss Emily Vegh.

Wednesday - Much-needed journaling time. Work 11-5. Junior high youth group - good times.

Thursday - Work 9:30 - 5. Emma's play, Geppeto & Son (a.k.a. Pinocchio). It was Emma's debut on the stage and she did an excellent job. I was so proud (yeah, I actually almost cried because I was so proud. I wonder what it will be like when I'm a Mom... thankfully, I won't have to find out for hopefully a LONG time!). After Emma's play, I worked on my TESOL Unit 1 lesson, had a surprise and MUCH-NEEDED phone date/prayer time with the lovely Kate Criswell, then finished my TESOL, going to bed a little after midnight

Friday - Breakfast at CFA with Desiree... then a visit with my Mom. Work 11-5. Youth event - the "Cereal Life." It was what I would assume to be a typical youth event with craziness, fun, and a few splotches of drama.

Saturday - that's today. Thankfully, I don't have a whole lot planned now. There are many things I need to catch up... rest, thank you notes, TESOL units, South Korea documents, finishing my room in the basement, updating my budget, phone dates, etc.

It's been a busy week. It's been a hard week... emotionally and physically exhausting. In the midst of the chaos, I have had some delightful visitors at Meijer Starbucks, which I have appreciated. Perhaps the highlight was having my Grandpa visit (I think that was yesterday... but the days are kind of fuzzy in my head). Since we weren't busy (as usual), I got to sit down and visit with him for awhile. I'm thankful for him...


Oh... I am planning to do a post about the earthquake stuff in Chengdu... and what I've been learning about abiding in Christ. I'll have to save that for later, though.

3 comments:

Nora said...

Hey, just curious... do you usually work 11-5?

Anonymous said...

Holly...I'm sorry this last week was emotionally and physically draining for you. I pray that you would feel the refreshing love of Christ this coming week.

I think you do a very nice job of updating often!

Love you, Holly-B!
-Charity

Jana Alexis said...

We'll have to catch up soon. Sorry it's been so crazy for you . . . Hang in there, ma'am.
Jans