Monday, May 19, 2008

Summer Plans

This weekend Caleb had a baseball tournament in Indy, which was fun. Megs came with us and we got to spend the night at Kate's for one night. It was so good to catch up. I also really enjoyed the time with my mom, Emma, Caleb, and Megs. Everyone else had other obligations for the weekend.

So, I decided to outline my summer plans/goals:

FAMILY
I only have four months to spend at home, so I'm really excited about being home and being able to spend some time with ma familia, especially since I know my time with them is limited. I love them a lot.

YOUTH GROUP
I'm so excited about helping out with the junior high youth group at New Life Baptist this summer. I went to youth group for the first time last Wednesday and had a great time. I'm particularly looking forward to youth camp. Already, I feel quite at home at New Life.

STARBUCKS/MEIJER
Although this is not exactly the summer job I had envisioned, I am already learning a lot. The good news is, I am going to get the hours I want and my boss is pretty flexible with availability. She said it would be no problem for me to go to youth camp. I think working at McDonalds last summer in VA Beach was good preparation for this. Already there is a lot of spiritual stuff that I've noticed that I am praying about. Your prayers would be appreciated... and visits are always welcomed! :)

TESOL/Prep. for South Korea
I'm planning to take a 100 hr. online TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) course to give me some preparation for teaching English in South Korea in the fall. There are also several arrangements that need to be made for South Korea (paperwork, reading, etc.). I'm excited about all of this. I just finished reading a book today called Teaching More than English - an excellent resource which I plan to spend some time processing through this next week.

I also plan to do a decent amount of reading, running, flossing (yes, this is an actual goal of mine), studying Galatians, keeping up-to-date with the New York Times Daily Headlines, eating healthy, and having random friend/catching up time... and whatever else the Lord decides to put into my summer. I think it will be good... so far it has been good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for flossing! I am so proud! :)
~Kate

Anonymous said...

HOLLY!!! i'm so sorry that i haven't kept up with you much...i copied and pasted all your recent posts so i could read them offline (i can't use the internet much)

i really enjoyed reading all that you've been doing and all that's been happening. i would like to respond to all of it! i don't have much time right now, but i just wanted to say how much i love you. i miss you!

charuhbee