Monday, May 5, 2008

Graduation Day

I hardly know where to begin. I've had a wonderful semester.... a wonderful past couple of weeks with friends and family... a wonderful Bethel College experience... and a wonderful day. I am overwhelmed with the goodness of the Lord.

It's hard to believe that I'm actually finished with college now. A college graduate. I really do feel like I just graduated high school. I'm not sure where the time goes, but it sure does go fast. (I apologize for the terrible cliches...).

It's been another great season of learning and living. Transition seems to be a theme in my life... for the next four months, I will be living at home. I'm really looking forward to the time I will have with my family before I go to South Korea.

After graduation today, we went to Carabba's for a wonderful Italian meal (something I've been looking forward to for months...). It is great to have everyone home right now, even if it is a little crazy. My amazing family helped me move to the basement. I am making my own temporary room downstairs for the summer and I think it will be fun. Lots of improvising, but fun, I think.

Perhaps the best way to sum up my thoughts/feelings with the following song "He's Always Been Faithful to Me" by Sara Groves:

Morning by morning I wake up to find
the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season I watch him amazed, in
awe of the mystery of his perfect ways

All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

I can't remember a trial or a pain he did
not recycle to bring me gain. I can't
remember one single regret in serving
God only and trusting his hand

All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

This is my anthem, this is my song, the
theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful, he will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.

All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good day. Thanks for your message on my blog. I do like that Sara Groves song... God is very faithful to us all. Tell your family hello for me. Love ya!