Last night, I attended the Mother/Daughter Banquet with my mom (surprise, surprise...), Emma, my Grandma, Aunt Michelle, and my Nana. It was a lovely girls night. Mom, Emma and I have been having some sweet times together. I'm excited about spending the summer at home with them. I realized a couple of weeks ago that this will actually be the first summer I've spent at home since high school. That's kind of hard to believe.
Since I'm back at home for the summer, I've been putting together my own little room in the basement. Even though it is unfinished, I think it will end up turning out kind of fun. My Dad did the framing several months ago, but hasn't had a whole lot of time to put up drywall, insulation, and light fixtures. But, he did bring down a piece of carpet from one of our old houses and put a rod in my closet for clothes. My brothers brought down the furniture I will need for the summer, which was very helpful. So now, I'm just unpacking, organizing and hanging up blankets to serve as walls. It's definitely a unique project, but I've really been enjoying it. It's nice just to have a place of my own. Maybe I will come up with a name for my little creative corner in the basement....
As I've been unpacking boxes and putting things away, I've been realizing that I have a ridiculous surplus of clothing. I think I have unpacked five boxes since I've been home! After spending an entire semester with only enough clothes to last 1-2 weeks, I feel like a glutton. So, I'm trying to purge my wardrobe. I still have way too many clothes I think, but have managed to fill up at least two boxes with things to get rid of. Some of my sweaters that were packed away will go back into storage. As I'm preparing for South Korea, it's a little easier to let go of some of the clothes I've been holding onto for years, thinking I'll maybe wear them sometime. I know that I'll have a limited wardrobe when I go abroad again, so I'm trying to keep that in mind as I sort through things. :)
I actually have a substitute job tomorrow morning and a Starbucks interview in the afternoon... so I should probably get to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment