I've been back at Bethel for the majority of the last week. It's been wonderful to begin catching up with people (one of my favorite things to do). Since my family lives so close, I've also been able to go back and forth, which has been great. The transition back to the States has gone much smoother than I was anticipating. I recovered from jet lag pretty quickly and have been adjusting back to life in America pretty well for the time being.
There are so many things I feel like I could blog about... but for now, I'll just highlight the past week:
Took care of some job applications... now I'm just waiting. Had LOTS of catching up with friends. Blessing: God provided $ for my TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification class this summer. Experienced last Bethel chapel as a student. Listened to President Cramer and his wife sing "He who began a good work in you...". Had an intense 40 minute run with my roomies. Tried slack-lining for the first time. Quality conversations. Breakfast with my Grandma. Visited my mom at work. Had lunch with Emma at school. Dentist appointment. Visited with my Nana & Papu. Friday night: South Bend Chocolate Cafe, photo shoot, and Midnight Breakfast. Goodwill 50% off sale on Saturday morning - we spent 3 hours, $42 and got 15 tops, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of capris, and a dress! It was lovely! Dunes Saturday afternoon - even though it was FREEZING and we were wrapped up in blankets for most of it. It was still a nice time. :) Cousin Oliver's first birthday party. Surprise outing with Emma and Mom - Emma bought us lovely earrings... then we went out for ice cream at Ritter's. Lunch with my Dad this afternoon at SG.
There's also been lots of talk about future stuff... as people have been asking me about my plans. I'm so excited about the dreams God has placed on my heart! At the same time, I feel like He has been reminding me of the following things:
Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
James 4:13-17
"Beware of getting ahead of God by your very desire to do His will." - Oswald Chambers
God is so good. I'm overwhelmed by His amazingness, once again.
2 comments:
Hey There!
I'm sooo glad to have you back at Bethel! =) It's been wonderful! I'm going to miss you.
I really like your Oswald Chambers quote.
But, I REALLY like you! And your one-of-a-kind hugs.
Love you!
p.s. I've joined the land of the blogites! (Is that like an Israelite?)
What's "slack-lining" ?!?
Post a Comment