Monday, April 7, 2008

The Grand

For quite some time, I've been meaning to dedicate a post to our favorite restaurant, which we affectionately refer to as "The Grand."






chaofan (fried rice)


gongbaojiding (a major favorite - peanuts and chicken)


xilanhua (my personal favorite!)


helandou

tangculiji (sweet and sour pork)
ganbiandoujiao (fried green beans)
mifan (white rice) and ban huang gua (cucumbers with garlic)


jinnianmontou - sweet rolls that you dip in sweetened condensed milk (very unhealthy!)
So... that's a typical meal at The Grand. Sometimes we go almost every day. I'm going to miss Chinese food when I get back. The food we call Chinese in the States just doesn't compare...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly

I like Chineese food. If you say this is better than what we have in America, I know I would like it. Gongbaojiding looks especially good!

Grandpa

Nora said...

Oooooh... it all looks so yummy! By the way, can you tell the difference between Coca-Cola there from here? At least the label's are different! :P

Anonymous said...

mmmm....it all looks so good!!!!