Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Summer Palace = BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Today was probably one of the best days I've had in China yet. We went to the Summer Palace and had a marvelous time. It was kind of windy, but the sky was clear and beautiful (which doesn't happen all that often in Beijing). We did a TON of walking, but it was lovely. I think it just might have been as close to a perfect day as possible...

Distant view of the Summer Palace - where the emperor and his family stayed during the summer (believe it or not).




A beautiful, long corridor




We were serenaded during lunch... very fun Chinese music










In the Buddhist Temple part...


With Katie and Josie...

At the biggest mall in Asia - visited after the Summer Palace.

We ate at a Korean restaurant for dinner inside the mall. It was delicious. Katie then treated me to Starbucks and we had a coffee date - without homework for once! It was lovely.
I love China...

2 comments:

Nora said...

Nice pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

holly--you are a great photographer! love the pictures! =)