- Our dear friends Cat & Penguin - meeting at KFC on Sunday nights and playing Dutch Blitz
- Bargaining in the markets
- fresh pineapple from the street
- Euchre games
- running along the canal in the mornings
- buying street food
- The Grand
- cherry blossoms
- public transportation - buses & subways
- BICF
- our apartment (even though it was a mess most of the time)
- my Chinese teacher
- our group leader
- opportunities to practice my Chinese
- eating with chopsticks
- having my food costs reimbursed every week
- carrying toilet paper with me everywhere
- meeting random Chinese people on the bus and having great conversations
- living in a big city
- being stared at (it actually is kind of fun)
- experiencing a completely different world when I step out of our apartment
I'm sure I'll think of many more things I miss when I get back to the States.
There are also several things I'm looking forward to when I get home, though:
- Seeing my amazing familia & friends!!!!!!!!
- Mom's homemade pizza
- Grandma's kona coffee & heavy whipping cream
- Nana's spaghetti
- being back with my group of friends, whom I've missed so dearly!
- rollerblading at ND
- Chapel at Bethel
- driving
- making smoothies
- Taco Bell
- running
- being able to share stories about my Father's work
- Sufficient Grounds (yes, I have actually started to miss it)
- Girls Night
- being able to dry my clothes in a dryer
- non-oily vegetables
- sister time
- graduation
- giving away souvenirs
- having tea with my Mom at Starbucks
- breakfast, lunch, dinner, and coffee catch-up dates
- drinking water out of the faucet
- not sure if I'm looking forward to having my cell phone back or not...
- Italian food
the list could go on...
Anyway, my heart is definitely torn between staying here and going back. It has been an incredibly amazing experience. The Father has taught me many things and has restored many dreams to my heart, which I'm so thankful and excited for. I feel like I might be leaving a piece of my heart here... but I'm also so excited to see everyone again. Hopefully the jet lag doesn't take too long to recover from. :)
Love you all... and so looking forward to seeing you! (My flight arrives at SBN airport at 6:25 p.m. this Thursday.)
1 comment:
Holly!!!!!!
I'm so sorry. I haven't read your posts recently. :( I've been so busy recently (and still am in a way), but I just caught up on your posts! They are so fun to read!
Guess what!!??? I'm DONE with Research Methods!!!!!! My presentation was first today at 3:30! My whole family (except my older brother of course) came to see it, as did Jana and Megan! I wish you could have been there, too. I'm SOOOO looking forward to seeing you and spending some quality time with you! We'll have to squeeze it into our busy days somewhere.
I was super excited to see that you put "running" on your list of things that you're looking forward to! =)
I love you! I'll be talking to our Father about these changing times...I know it's difficult.
Post a Comment