I got home this past Thursday night around 7:00 p.m. The last flight of our entire trip was delayed by about a half hour... we were all anxious to get home, but were grateful that it wasn't too long of a delay. When we got to the SBN airport, I accidentally left my passport in the ladies' restroom! I couldn't believe it... I made it through my whole trip without losing my passport until I got home! Fortunately, the airport authorities called us and I was able to pick it up yesterday afternoon without any trouble.
My time back home has been good. It's been great to see my friends and family again. I'm enjoying this "catching up" season. I'm mostly adjusted to the time zone change, which is a blessing. I still miss China, but am enjoying my time here.
Highlights:
- seeing my friends and family at the airport
- Mom's homemade pizza
- Having Kate visit for the weekend
- Chapel on Friday = sweetness
- Sufficient Grounds
- Taco Bell
- Catching up with dear friends
- bridal showers
- using a dryer for my newly washed clothes
- rediscovering my old clothes
- hugs from Emma
- seeing my amazing brothers
- being able to share unedited stories about God's work in my favorite country
- running around the neighborhood
- celebrating birthdays
- eating in the BCDC (note: the company was the highlight, not the food)
- driving
- Nana's spaghetti
- sharing souvenirs
and much more...I'm looking forward to these next two weeks. I will be graduating May 4th. Between now and then, I'm hoping to find a summer job and spend some lovely time being relational with people - one of my most favorite things to do! :)
Tomorrow I will be submitting an application to work at a coffee shop for the summer until I leave for South Korea... we'll see how it goes. For some reason, I've always wanted to work at a coffee shop... just sounds like fun to me.
Thanks for reading and sharing this journey with me!
~Holls (my new nickname)
FYI: I plan to keep this blog updated throughout the summer (though the updates might not be as frequent as they were in China) and especially when I go to South Korea in the fall. :)
4 comments:
SOOOOOO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!
i don't feel like i've been able to see you much yet though. :(
.......you should come stay at your Bethel home!!!! yes?! =)
Holly,
I'm glad you're home.
Hmmm... i still need to give you a back massage at some point... ;)
Post a Comment