Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Great Wall

Today we visited the Great Wall. It was great. I never realized how much work it is to visit - so many steps!!! My legs felt like jelly at the end. The Great Wall is on top of the mountains, so we took a ski lift up the mountain and then did a little bit of climbing. We stopped and ate lunch at one of the little rest stops. The mountains were GORGEOUS! We rode toboggans on the way down. Unfortunately the toboggans were very slow (not quite as exciting as luging in NZ), but it was still a fun ride. At the bottom of the mountain there were several vendors and Katie and I took some bargaining video footage
that I will be able to share when I get back. It was fun...
Lots of steps
Roommate pic: Sara, Katie, Josie, Emily, Monica, and me
On our way back from visiting the Great Wall, Rob surprised us with dinner at Friday's. It was delicious. When I got back, I actually had an opportunity to teach English to one student at the school that I was planning on visiting a couple of weeks ago. It was a good experience. Ella was a good student. I'm looking forward to teaching English in South Korea!

1 comment: