The last few weeks have been... well, interesting to say the least. To put it simply, I've found myself "worried and upset about many things" (like Martha in Luke 10:41). I've found myself distracted with so much BUSYNESS, exhaustion, homesickness, uncertainties, and feelings of
anxiousness.
Rather than being in love WITH Jesus, I've been busy trying to DO a lot of stuff. Not a good idea...
Last weekend, we had a special speaker (Andres Bisonni) visit our church for a revival meeting. One of the things that he said really convicted my heart:
Your love for Jesus and Jesus alone will keep your fire burning. Your passion for missions, for the lost, for people, for prayer, etc. will come and go. But if you have love for Him, you will be passionate about these other things. You will love what He loves because you love Him!
This was not a new revelation for me, but a good reminder. Something I really needed to hear...
I'm so thankful that God is faithful, regardless of whether or not I am. I guess that's what makes Him faithful, huh? I love the way that He continues to pursue my heart, even though I'm so COMPLETELY unworthy! I feel like God especially encourages my heart through music. I stumbled upon the music of Phil Wickham last week and haven't been able to stop listening to his love songs to our King. My favorite song of his: Divine Romance. One of his albums is posted on his website for a free download (which was a sweet surprise and blessing). Another song that has been incredibly encouraging to me is By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North. God's hand is so gracious... I really don't deserve this love.
Lord Jesus, consume my heart again. Be my everything. Give me a heart like Mary's - eager to just sit at your feet and listen. Thank you for loving me enough to draw my attention back to you... may my soul yearn after you!
Psalm 84:1-2
1 comment:
Thanks for introducing Phil Wickham's music. I've been enjoying listening to the free download. I also love Tenth Avenue North. Have you heard their song "Beloved"? It is my favorite and I bet you would like it too.
Post a Comment