Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Marvelous May Weekend

The past weekend was marvelous and very full! I suppose it's best to share the highlights in chronological order...

Missions Night

Last Friday night was the Seoul-wide English Ministries Mission Night, featuring Loren Cunningham, the co-founder of YWAM. It was certainly different than I expected... but I was encouraged to be reminded that 1) God is working in ASIA and 2) God has called me to be here in Seoul, Korea for such a time as this.

Saturday Brunch
My friend Zane invited several of us over to his freshly-cleaned apartment on Saturday morning for brunch. It was a great time of fellowship. We watched the movie Once after brunch/lunch. I decided I really like the soundtrack: http://www.foxsearchlight.com/once/.

Skype Conversations
I'm SO blessed to know that the people I love at home also love each other - my friends AND family! Sometimes I'm just overwhelmed with the amazing people God has so graciously placed in my life. Oh, how I miss you all!!! What an incredible blessing it is to have Skype.

Adventures List Update - McDonalds, Brownies, 27 Dresses, & Sleepover
I think I mentioned previously that Sara and I made a list of adventures/things we want to do while we're here in Korea together. On Sunday night, four of the things on our list were accomplished. After church, Sara invited a group of us over to her apartment and we had McDonalds delivered. Our Korean friends thought we were pretty silly (which is pretty true), but we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. You just can't call and have McDonald's delivered in the US! (Gotta take advantage of these opportunities while we have 'em... lol).


Mission Accomplished!


Zane, Jina, and Cha-jin


(That's kimchi mandu in the middle of our otherwise very American meal).

While we were waiting for our McDonalds to be delivered, we made some delicious brownies in Sara's toaster oven. Brownies are kind of hard to come by in Korea, so it was definitely a special treat.


Sara was SO happy!

After dinner and brownies everyone else left, but I stuck around so that we could accomplish numbers 3 & 4 on the list: Watching 27 Dresses and having a sleepover. It was a delightful evening. I am pleased to report that I stayed awake for the whole movie and didn't even work on anything while I was watching it! And Sara blew up the air mattress her parents' used when they visited, so I had a nice comfy bed. The next morning, we made banana and chocolate chip pancakes, a very appropriate sleepover breakfast meal. We then set out for our next adventure... which I will be blogging about soon. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for just watching the movie and not doing your nails, checking your email, writing thank you notes, falling asleep, etc.! :)

~K