Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baptism

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! - Galatians 2:21

On Sunday, October 18, 2009, I was baptized at my church. It's kind of a long story how it all came about, but basically God had really been placing it strongly on my heart recently. Although I was baptized as an infant and then again (of my own will) in 4th grade, I didn't really know Him personally and I didn't have an understanding of His GRACE at all. Although I've walked with the Lord most of my life, I didn't come to realize how much I desperately need God's grace until my sophomore year of college. This was a huge paradigm shift for me!!! I hesitated for a long time to go forward with baptism, mainly because of pride and being concerned about what other people would think, since I've been a Christian for so long. However, God made it quite clear recently that He wanted me to take this step of faith and be baptized.

It was such an incredible blessing and honor to make this public declaration of my faith and growing understanding of God's grace. I was blessed to have the opportunity to share a portion of my testimony and had some wonderful friends there to support me in it! It was exciting to have them there to witness such a special occasion.
It was certainly a time of being overwhelmed with the love and support of the community of believers here in Seoul.

Here's a video clip of Pastor Eddie's prayer:

The prayer that Pastor Eddie prayed over me when I was baptized was total re-confirmation of God's call upon my life to be a light in dark places. The Lord has been re-affirming this over and over again recently, which is exciting, but also calls for much prayer and courage!

1 comment:

Jana Alexis said...

That's amazing, Holly. I think it gave me chills. Praise the Lord indeed.