One of the things that God made very clear to me on my first night in Korea in August 2008 was the fact that He is holding my by his HAND... holding my HAND in his... etc. This was a theme during my first year in Korea and continues to be a theme this year.
He has recently been reminding me of how great a Shepherd He is. This too has been an ongoing theme over the past year since my psalm for the year has been Psalm 23 (since I am currently 23 years old).
On Tuesday morning, I woke up with a dear old hymn on my heart: He Leadeth Me.
The verse on my daily calendar: Psalm 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
Psalm of the day: Hear us, O Shepherd of Israel... Restore us, O God; make your face shine upon us.. [Ps. 80]
He Leadeth Me
He leadeth me, O blessed thought! O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
What e'er I do, where e'er I be, Still 'tis God's HAND that leadeth me.
He leadeth me, He leadeth me, by His own HAND He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be, For by His HAND he leadeth me.
Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom, Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom
By waters still, o'er troubled sea, Still 'tis God's HAND that leadeth me
Lord, I would clasp they HAND in mine, nor ever murmer nor repine;
Content whatever lot I see, Since 'tis God's HAND that leadeth me.
And when my task on earth is done, when by Thy grace, the victry's won,
E'en death's cold wave I will not flee, Since God through Jordan leadeth me.
Over the past two months, God has really been restoring and refreshing my soul after a very long and draining spring semester. I am so thankful for this season of restoration... and so thankful to be lead by the Marvelous and Good Shepherd.
How good it is to be in His hands...
No comments:
Post a Comment