I went to Yongsan to get a new adapter for my computer with my friend Kristen, bought some dinner at EMart, then took a taxi to visit my friend, Alison (who just broke her ankle and is confined to her house for now). All three of us had a lovely time together.
Before heading back home on the subway, I stopped to get an iced green tea latte (my current favorite) for the long ride home. As I went to pay for my drink, I realized my wallet was missing!!! Inside my wallet, I had my bank card, ARC card, keys to my apartment (my only way to get in right now - see my previous post for details on why), and other miscellaneous items. So, it appeared that I might be homeless for the night...
This was around 9:30 p.m. I had no cash on me. Only 1,000 won on my T-money (transportation card) - not even enough money to get home if I wanted to. Fortunately, I still had my cell phone on me.
I went back to Alison's house to check for my wallet. No luck. We prayed together, asking God to make His name famous through the situation and to faithfully take care of my needs. We also reflected on all the other things I've lost this year. God's been faithfully to restore each one of them!!!*
Demonstrating His faithfulness once again...
Alison had some friends staying at her place for the week (one of them, Winnie, speaks both Korean & English fluently). She started making phone calls for me. We decided to cancel my bank card right away. She checked to see if any additional purchases had been made - nope.
Five minutes after calling to cancel my card, I received a phone call from the bank. Someone had contacted them and turned in my check card! They gave us the number to the Yeoido police station. Winnie and I grabbed a taxi and headed to the station.
This is how amazing my God is...
Upon arriving to the station, my wallet was restored to me fully and completely!!! EVERYTHING was still there - even the 6,000 won cash! Both keys were there, along with my ARC & bank cards! I was so completely in AWE of God's provision. He answered our prayers SO QUICKLY!!! Even though it was late, I hopped on the subway and made it home safely a little after midnight. I was so thankful to sleep in my own bed!!!
There's no doubt about it... I am a loser - so gifted at losing things! The great thing about it is that my God is mighty to save and so eager to demonstrate His loving faithfulness and provision to me! I truly can't imagine life without my Gracious Redeemer and Restorer. I'm so unworthy... yet He continues to overwhelm me with His love and compassions.
Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
Praise the Lord, O my soul. With all my inmost being, praise His holy Name!!!
**I wrote a post back in July about losing my wallet for the second time in Korea. I kept forgetting to post the good report. Upon arriving back to Korea after my visit home in August, that wallet too was restored to me. Yeah... my God sure watches out for this absent-minded, ridiculous, cherished daughter of His!
2 comments:
That is such a great example of God's grace and greatness! I am so glad you are documenting these things because you will always be able to look back and be encouraged with all God did during your time. Thinking and praying for you today Holly!
Laura
Holly! You're crazy. :)
I have this losing problem, too. In the last month, I lost my glasses and a photo memory card (with pictures that I hadn't put on the computer yet); I prayed about it; decided not to worry; and, a few days later, they both popped up (one at my parents' house and the other under the seat in my car). Crazy. Thanks for sharing about His faithfulness. Good stuff.
Post a Comment