Last night I lost my Alien Registration Card (ARC), T-money card (transportation), and apartment key. I was sitting on the subway talking to my friend Sara on my cell phone... and was so distracted that I missed my stop. So, I had to get off at the next stop and switch trains. At some point, I managed to lose my wallet/keychain with all of the afore-mentioned important items. Thankfully, I didn't have any cash inside.
When I realized that I had lost my wallet, I was slightly frustrated... but mostly laughing at myself. I remember losing the same wallet when I was in Busan with Sara over winter vacation. At that time, Sara prayed and asked God to restore the missing items to me. I didn't think I would get them back, but God surprised me and provided for me incredibly. So, this time, I decided not to worry and looked at it as a faith-building exercise.
After reporting my loss to the subway workers (via a translator on the phone), I headed to my apartment and reported the loss to the receptionist at the front desk. I requested to have the locks changed since my address is on my ARC card. He was very accommodating for a slight fee, which I was already expecting. [I can only laugh at my ridiculous timing... especially since I'll only be living in the Co-op for a couple more weeks.]
I've been asking God to restore my wallet to me since Wednesday. I know that He's more than able - he already demonstrated that to me in Busan. I have a feeling He's teaching me a few other things through this whole process, though.
Honestly, I'm quite thankful that I haven't felt much anxiety about this whole episode. It's just struck me as funny more than anything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment