Thursday, July 30, 2009

Preparing for Home...

I am planning to be in INDIANA THIS SATURDAY!!!!!! I've certainly been busy with preparations. Fortunately, I've been blessed with so many people that have been eager and willing to help me.

Sara and I did some shopping last weekend at Namdaemun Market. She also helped me pack up my apartment last weekend. She's such an amazing, thoughtful friend. I'm SO thankful she'll be sticking around for another six months!

Kang Meesuk offered to help me move. So, on Monday, she came to my apartment after I finished teaching for the day. We loaded up her car with my stuff (I'm so thankful to report that I have not accumulated too many things to fit into a small car)! Then we picked up my camera from the repair shop before heading to the school to keep all of my things stored away while I'm gone. [The teachers offered to move my things into my apartment for me while I'm gone... so amazed by their thoughtfulness!] After dropping my things off at school, Kang Meesuk invited me to spend the night with her family. I had the most marvelous time.

Tuesday was a very busy day of business, which included:
  • Receiving and printing my e-ticket (I was starting to get nervous...)
  • Wiring money home
  • Going to the hospital to get an HIV & Drug test for the Education Office Records
  • Stopping by the SMOE office to pick up my newly stamped contract
  • Picking up my new ARC card and getting my Visa renewed at the Immigration Office
I was thankful to spend that time with my main co-teacher, Lee Hye Eun. We had some great conversations and times of sharing and reflection. I'm so thankful for her...

Now I'm pretty much packed and have just a few loose ends to take care of. My Narnia class will be finished tomorrow morning.

I can hardly believe that I'm going home this weekend! I'm not sure if it has really hit me yet. I've been pretty busy with preparations and just trying to enjoy each day as it comes... but wow, the time is almost here!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon!^^

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea! I've been praying for you! I'm so excited for you! Love you lots!