Wednesday, July 15, 2009

~*~Chocolate Party~*~

Due to the monsoon rains, frantic busyness of the teachers, and the closing of this semester, Kang Bogil and I decided to host a Chocolate Party for the teachers on Monday. Things have slowed down for me at school quite a lot, so I had some extra time to plan and prepare, which was quite lovely.

We made invitations and handed them out to all of the teachers, which was quite fun. Several of the teachers smiled and kind of giggled when I handed them their invitations. I was happy to see them smiling. They've all been SO stressed!

I was hoping I'd be able to do chocolate fondue for the teachers, but since I was unable to find a fondue pot, my friend suggested that I make chocolate-covered bananas. They actually turned out to be quite a hit! Much more successful than my brownies, I'm afraid... accidentally burned them beyond salvageable repair in my toaster oven.
I was VERY sad.

However, I'm quite thankful that our first Cheongryang Chocolate Party was a success. Several of the teachers told me that they appreciated having a few moments to just sit down and chat together. I was praying that it would be a time of refreshment and encouragement for them after such a long semester. Even though it was a quick party, I'm thankful for the time we were able to share together!

No comments: