It was a special evening. I finally got to make my mom's homemade pizza (she sent the recipe a long time ago) and Sara finally got to make her pumpkin pie with the ingredients her brother (and new sister-in-law) sent months ago.
Pizza & pumpkin pie
We had a nice time of sharing memories, eating lots of food, and taking silly pictures.
Vince gave away a bunch of his stuff - almost all of it. I was especially blessed by the China stuff I inherited from him: language study books, a map of Eastern Asia, a Mandarin Bible, Mandarin Bible software, Hudson Taylor's auto-biography, and a lovely purple Chinese silk shirt. Lots of tools to re-ignite the vision... His last words to me were, Get yourself to China, Holly!
Here I am, trying to present Vince with his going-away gift... but he kept making me laugh (just like my Dad...).
Since Vince was getting rid of most of his stuff, we decided we didn't want to give him anything too big. So, instead, we decided to make a notebook for him with encouraging words and photos of some of our memories together.
We ended the evening praying over our dear brother in Christ. He really has been a part of our Seoul family, and we will miss him dearly. It's definitely not going to be the same without him. However, we are excited for the next step in his journey with the Lord.
Praying for you, Vince!
1 comment:
Thanks for your comment :) I loved this post too :) You're such a good cook-that pizza looks good from thousands of miles away, lol :) Yeah, two weeks is a little difficult to sum up, but I didn't feel like typing too much, so I summarized as English people learn to do, lol. (thank you english profs) :) I am so excited you are coming home. If you have time to spare, we must get together!
be blessed!
~ashley
Post a Comment