Today all of the teachers and students came back to school!!! I was SOOOOOOOOOOO happy! They are only back for one week (it's the final week of the school year) and the 3rd graders (9th graders) will graduate at the end of the week. Then we'll have three more weeks of winter vacation before the new school year begins in March. Thus, "teaching" is rather interesting this week. I knew that there was no sense trying to plan a lesson with expectations of them listening attentively and actually gaining new information. So, we just played a fun English game and they still had to practice speaking, writing, and listening. It worked out for the most part. However, even though several students misbehaved... it did not make me nearly as frustrated as I would have felt last semester. I was just so happy to have them back!
I'm learning that although I really do love and cherish alone time... I really need PEOPLE! It's funny. Even though I didn't have a ton of significant conversations, it was just meaningful to have people running in and out of the office, hearing the copy machine running like crazy, exchanging greetings with students and teachers alike, even eating the Korean cafeteria food with the rest of the teachers in the dining room, etc. I found myself walking around with a bit of a bounce in my step - something that I think has been missing for awhile, maybe.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the
power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13
2 comments:
David makes me do things like go to knitting club every week because he knows, even if I don't want to go, that I will be energized if I do. I'm glad the teachers are back. :-)
Holly - I just have this feeling that you're an amazing teacher. And I'm not surprised at all that you like teaching English and literature.
Post a Comment