Monday, February 9, 2009

Graduation Day

Last Thursday, our 3rd graders (9th graders) graduated from Cheongryang Middle School. I was kind of excited to attend the ceremony, since I'd never attended a graduation ceremony in a foreign country.




We don't have a gym at our school, so we had to use the Cheongryang High School gym (conveniently located next door to our middle school).



It was mostly similar to our ceremonies at home... except for the following:

- It was in the middle of the day.
- The students just wore their regular school uniforms (didn't get dressed up at all).
- Interesting awards such as "Most Economical" were given to students.
- The students (of course) bowed three times when they received their special rewards.
- The teachers were not required to attend.

I'm glad I went. I was proud of my students... and thankful for Kyunghan's translating!

No comments: