Monday, February 2, 2009

Completion of Winter Vacation Class

Friday was my last class with my seven winter vacation students. It was a bittersweet day. I really enjoyed teaching the class and had great students. However,it was such a nice feeling of accomplishment to have it finished. I think we all learned and grew a ton from it! (I know I did!!!) One thing I realized: I really love teaching literature and writing. That was somewhat of a surprise to me, not sure why!

Friday was the appointed day for them to turn in their book reports and book covers. They did some great work:


Shawn


Hannah - she loves Amelia Bedelia just like I did when I was a kid!


Helen


Lucy


Mary


Tyler


Jenny - she was a little shy

I challenged the students to read 100 books as a class throughout our winter vacation... the results:

I was SO proud!


My dedicated and hard-working students

Their reward: a pizza party and movie!!!



It was a nice way to end.

No comments: