I think we have 20 new teachers altogether this year.
Several of my co-teachers have moved on to other schools. I miss them.
But I also have three new co-teachers. I'm excited to get to know them. =)
I also have a NEW classroom... and am feeling rather spoiled! The English teachers told me that they all "envy me." I am SO thankful for this classroom... definitely a blessing!
This is the wall right outside of my classroom. (All the other walls in the school are very drab and dirty).
I did not choose the decorations or sayings, but I think my teachers did a great job. Although practice makes permanent more than it makes perfect (as my Dad pointed out), I still like the bright colors and maps.
I was happy to see the "Don't be afraid to make mistakes!" That was a phrase I used quite a bit at the beginning of last semester. The teachers surprised me by putting it in big letters on the wall.
I also have a list of Classroom Rules posted:
1) LISTEN carefully!!!!
2) Be on time for class.
3) ALWAYS bring a pen or a pencil. (You'd be surprised how many students refused to do this last year)
4) No writing on the desks or walls.
5) No food or drink.
6) No cursing, swearing, or unkind actions.
I only wanted to have 5 rules, but the teachers added rule #5 to my list, which is okay, I guess. I spent a lot of time laying down the law this week, explaining the rules and consequences. I'm afraid that I spent too much time on the rules, but all the teachers ensured me that it's good to be firm and take the time necessary to lay the groundwork for the rest of the semester. I'd rather start off too firm. I learned a lot after my first semester of teaching! I almost feel like a real teacher!!!
The screen is a "Smartboard" - touch screen. Kind of cool...
I am feeling optimistic about this school year.
Expecting greater things in 2009...
No comments:
Post a Comment