I count any time that I get to spend with Kang Meesuk as SO precious. I feel like she is a mother/aunt/dear friend to me... Since my first day at Cheongryang, she's always made it a point to make me feel welcome and has cared for me in countless loving and thoughtful ways. She is such a blessing and a true gift from the Lord. Last night, I thoroughly enjoyed riding in the car with her to the restaurant (even though we got a little bit lost). It was a real treat to spend the extra time with her. She even invited me to spend the night at her house during the week if I'm ever feeling like I need to be in a home environment... an incredibly gracious offer that I look forward to accepting!
Kang Meesuk, me, Mrs. Moon, & Jang Myungson.
Mrs. Moon was the teacher that started our morning prayer group last semester. She always brought us breakfast and once surprised me with a bunch of coffee on my desk. Another time, she bought a whole bunch of candy from COSCO for me to use as rewards in the classroom because she knew I was struggling with my students. I love Mrs. Moon... and I miss her now that she's moved on to another school. She's really happy at that school though... which I'm thankful for.
Jang Myungson is probably one of the cutest teachers at Cheongryang. She has such a fun personality and is incredibly kind and thoughtful. During winter vacation, she went out of her way to make sure I had lunch to eat at school... and often just checks on me, asking me how I'm doing. She was also a part of our morning prayer group last semester. I like her a lot!
This is Teacher Sohn. He is my self-proclaimed "Korean father." He moved on to a different school this year as well, which was a little sad for me. Last year, he came to visit my desk frequently and was always making me laugh with his silly jokes. Although his English is somewhat broken, I SOOO appreciate the effort he has made to communicate with me. His jokes kind of made me feel a little more at home - definitely fits in the same category of "cute" that I put my Dad and Grandpa in. =) He keeps on saying he wants me to meet his son... I'm not quite sure what I think about that! Regardless, it was great to see my "Korean father" again last night.
Here I am with two of my English co-teachers: Choi Seong Ok & Ko Yu Kyung. I worked with Teacher Choi last year and am excited to work with her again. She did most of the work for our English classroom. Teacher Ko is back at Cheongryang after spending last semester doing some studying in the States. I'm looking forward to spending more time with these women this semester.
It was definitely a great evening. I praise God for placing me at my school with such amazing people. It is definitely a privilege to know these people...
No comments:
Post a Comment