Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fusion at Olympic Park

Last week, Sara and I began working on our "Adventures List." This list is basically composed of the things that we want to do before our first year in Seoul is finished (reminds me of the lists Jana and I used to make when we were roommates). It's amazing how quickly time is flying!

The first thing on our list: A Fusion Picnic at Olympic Park
For those of you that don't know, fusion is "combining usually widely differing ethnic or regional ingredients, styles, or techniques" (thank you, dictionary.com). I had never really encountered fusion food before coming to Korea. I'm sure there must be fusion restaurants in the States, I just never paid attention to them before, I guess.


Our fusion menu: classic American PB&J, Korean-Chinese mandu (dumplings with meat and veggies inside), Korean kimbap (rice and veggies wrapped in seaweed), mango juice, California oranges, and Asian pear slices.


Sara doing one of her very classic "Sara" poses. =)


Right next to where we had our picnic! =)


How appropriate of a setting for a fusion meal...

It was simply delightful! I'm so thankful that Sara and I get to share adventures together this year. Looking forward to the many more in store...

No comments: