Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Is RISEN!!!

What a special time of year as we remember the death of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. I find that each year, Easter seems to become more and more meaningful to me. Just tonight, I had the privilege of gathering with my small group for a potluck dinner. We watched Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ. As we watched, I found myself asking "WHY?!?!" Why did the Father allow Jesus to suffer like that? It's so incredibly unfair. But as they were nailing Jesus to the cross, I gained a fresh understanding of the cross... I should have been the one on the cross. I'm the sinner - not Jesus!!! He didn't deserve to die, yet He CHOSE to break His body so that we might have LIFE with Him. Even while He was on the cross, Jesus was asking the Father to forgive His persecutors. What a man of LOVE - love too deep for me to comprehend. I'm so thankful for this time of remembrance... to reflect upon the sacrifice Jesus made... to reflect upon the riches of His grace... and to reflect upon what life is truly all about.

No comments: