Thursday, September 17, 2009

On My Knees

I was a little bit nervous about getting back to teaching after having such a long break, but it's been a good transition. I've learned that it is NOT an option to leave my apartment without spending time placing the day (and my classroom/students/teachers) in the Lord's hands.

Recently, I've been asking Him for creative ideas with my students. It's been a blessing to see Him answering that prayer...

Last Friday, I found myself actually on my knees, literally begging my half-alive third-graders to speak in audible voices with a little bit of intonation. After some very exaggerated and animated maneuvers, I finally caught their attention and was even rewarded with a few smiles and giggles. Even greater, they practiced the dialogue and used expression! It was one of those incredibly rewarding teaching moments that just made my heart overflow with joy and energy...

No comments: