Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Getting Ready...

So, I'm at the Comfort Inn & Suites tonight. Today has been kind of surreal, but good, I think. We had orientation and I met with my World Civ prof. It sounds like we're going to have more work that I thought, but it should be pretty manageable.

I'm excited about the people on my team. There are 18 of us plus our leader, Brent. We went to Applebee's tonight and it was fun to just hang out for awhile. It's a quality group and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better. I'm excited that my friend Katie Cline is here too. We made arrangements to sit together on our 13 hr. flight tomorrow. The plans are as follows:

5:30 arrive at SB Airport (which means we are going to have to get up very early!)
8:00 Leave SB Airport for Detroit
12:30 Leave Detroit for Tokyo (13 hrs.)
Then we have another 4 hr. flight after that, but I'm not sure when.
We should arrive in Beijing at 9:15 pm on the 10th (I think it will be like, 8:15 in the morning at home). Then, we'll get to check into a hotel and SLEEP... I think it will be good because we'll probably all be pretty tired.

I definitely have mixed feelings about this trip, but I know the Lord's timing is perfect and I'm excited about this new chapter of my life. Lots of new memories to make... a new adventure to embark upon.

All of my goodbyes have been said... saying goodbye to my family wasn't easy, but I'm so thankful for them. They're AMAZING.

No comments: