Friday, January 18, 2008

Time for a Study Break....

Last night was fun. About six of us girls went to Pak 'n Save (one of the cheaper grocery stores around here) to buy popcorn and snacks for our movie night. Pak 'n Save is right across the street from the Bible College we are staying at, so it is a nice, short walk. It was tempting to buy Cadbury chocolate and Tim Tams... but I decided to settle on nuts and raisins (trying to be somewhat healthy can be challenging when you have so many sweet options in front of you...)

When we got back, we had praise and worship with our group. Matt Swank led worship (he is teaching our ministry class). It was a really sweet time. Very encouraging. I'm excited about what God is doing... and what He has in store.

We then proceeded to make popcorn and hot chocolate over the stove in preparation for our first movie night in NZ. I was in charge of the hot chocolate... it didn't turn out as well as I was hoping, but it was decent. We ended up watching "School of Rock." I fell asleep the last 5-10 minutes of the movie (not a surprise, I know), but enjoyed it most of the way through.

Today has been another study day. It's nice to be getting into some sort of rhythm.... but World Civ is driving me up the wall. It is very time-consuming. The redeeming quality about World Civ is that I don't need my laptop for it, so I can do it outside (which is something that I'm going to try to do a better job with - taking advantage of the gorgeous weather). I'm kind of starting to get restless - doing homework all day like this for several days in a row is going to take some getting used to. I don't have as much to do as some people though, so I am thankful for that.

Okay... time for me to try to get a little more work done before dinner...
~Holly

6 comments:

Jana Alexis said...

Only the last 5-10 minutes of the movie? Amazing. :)
Oh...and good job for soaking in that sun. I'll get another e-mail out to you tomorrow.
Jans

Anonymous said...

Holly-B!!!
I love reading your blog! =)

I was just wondering who Matt Swank is...I know a worship leader named Matt Swank who led at the church I used to go to in Romeo! Just curious. ;)

Also, World Civ. does have a lot of busy work. One thing I've been doing for the maps part is tearing them out of my book (which was only $5 anyway) and taping them to a window...it makes it easier to copy them. Just thought I'd let you know that. =)

I love you, Holly. I miss you, too....Jana and I just watched a movie and had the popcorn that you left for us. (I had put a sticky on it that said "think of me" with musical notes on it....good memory *grin*)

Anonymous said...

by the way, i just realized that i didn't sign my name on my last post....but the "holly-b" should help and this should, too:

"anonymous has some pretty amazing quotes" =P

-charibee-

Jana Alexis said...

I can't let Charity have the upper-hand . . . so I had to sign back on and post again. Hope the World Civ homework lets up a little bit for you.
Okay. I really need to head to bed. How many hours are you different from us?
Jans

Nora said...

Yay for popcorn and hot chocolate! :) Good stuff.

Don't let World Civ get you too far up the wall. It's a bit on the heavy side for busy work, but it can be done.

OK, it's almost 2am... so, good night... or morning... whichever one it is ;)

Nora said...

Yeah... i kind of started a new blog.. i'm not sure if i'm going to have a specific purpose for this one, like for writing thoughts about Scriptures, or if i will normally write on it... i think i am going to make the move to blogger for my blog altogether.... dunno how soon though.