Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Overwhelmed... with His love

Today was totally an overwhelming day - started off with the bad kind of overwhelming and ended up with the really good kind of overwhelming.

In our ministry class, we are doing an intense, in-depth study of the Gospels and Acts. It's been way sweet... and way challenging. Today Matt (our prof) asked us what our dreams and passions are. It was kind of an intense time... something I've been praying alot about on this trip.

It's amazing how much God has been teaching me about prayer... and how He is so faithful to answer! He totally overwhelmed me with His love today... through sweetness:
- good, much-needed processing time this morning (my mind has been on overload with everything going on since this trip has started)
- had a sweet conversation at lunch with Emmanuel and Christine (New Zealand people here at the Bible College). We talked about giftings... and postmodernity. Very interesting.
- Went to a sweet coffee shop called "Columbus." Bethany, Hannah, Katie and I ended up having SWEET conversations. We were planning on doing homework... but that didn't really end up happening. But that was totally okay; the conversations were much-needed. I'm so thankful for those girls! And the server gave me a free dessert, which was way nice.
-God totally used our ministry class homework to remind me that He is SO worthy of trust.
- Went on a walk with Rina (another student at the Bible College) after dinner and discovered the most amazing place to take walks, pray, read, etc. It is really close by and is absolutely gorgeous. I will post pictures when I get the chance. The really sweet thing about it is that I was praying for a place kind of like that (there's not a whole lot of places to exercise here at the Bible College).
- Movie night with the girls. We watched "Mean Girls." I'm so glad my high school experience was not like that!

I'm so thankful for the way God pursues me with His love. He totally overwhelms me at just the right time...

~Holly
Zephaniah 3:17; Psalm 62

1 comment:

Jana Alexis said...

I read Psalm 62 while I exercised this morning and thought of you. I'm so glad you found a beautiful place to walk! I hope you and Jesus have many wonderful moments there together.
Love you, Holly!