Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A SWEET day continued...

Okay, so after our return to the Evergreen Hotel (our temporary lodging until moving into the apartments) from the Pearl Market on Sunday, I was greeted with an incredible surprise - a lovely package that some AMAZING girls from Bethel sent along with Josh Hartsell. (Josh went on Pac Rim two years ago and loved China so much that he decided to come back for spring break this year.)

The contents of my delightful package:
-delivered in a Barnes & Noble plastic bag (we love going to B&N to study during school)
-cute woven basket
-Toilet paper - Jana knows China
- chapstick - was just needing some today! (It's really dry here)
- Reeses - I have been craving them since we left (none were available in NZ, Australia, or China!)
- Tea from the abundant supply we had last semester in Egle 101
- black sparkly pens (just ran out last week)
- a pink and brown notebook (two of my FAVORITE colors)
- handmade necklace from Brittney - which makes me feel cute when I wear it
- handmade book with Chinese characters from Nora (which I have yet to decipher)
- pictures from my Kate (I've missed not having pics since my laptop died)
- notes from so many of my dear friends whom I love and miss dearly...
- a special note attached to pixie sticks that made me laugh...
- cute green and brown headband - which goes so well with my green corduroy pants (which I am currently wearing)

Can I just say overwhelmed?! I was so giddy... for like a couple of hours (everyone on the team can attest to it). The cards were so encouraging... I'm looking forward to reading them over and over again. FYI: You girls are amazing!

After various people received various packages from home, we went to KFC for dinner. I am pleased to announce that my chicken was ordered successfully non-spicy. :) After dinner, I hung out at the girls' apartment for awhile before Monica and I walked back to the guest house. I really enjoyed spending time with my team members tonight.

Today was definitely a SWEET day - so encouraging to my heart!

No comments: