Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Farewell Te Kareti Paipera O Aotearoa!

Translation: Farewell Bible College of New Zealand!

I have SOOO enjoyed my time here! It has been incredibly refreshing and much-needed. I loved our class times... the scenery... and my room. This afternoon, Katie and I went around and took some pictures, which I will now share with you:














Our place of residence for the past four weeks.






















The beautiful fountain...











My desk. I loved having a nice window view!















My closet-ish area. (I feel like I'm pulling a Jana in this picture for some reason...)















The greatest sign ever:















































'
Oops!



















This is where we had our classes - going through the Gospels... and Mandarin.




















The "nice" lounge. Spent lots of days here studying... lots of nights playing Euchre and/or watching movies (i.e. emailing).



















Sweetness!

I'm definitely going to miss the Bible College. It has been so refreshing to be here. I have loved getting to know Rina, Rebecca, and Christine. I have had wonderful conversations with each of them and will miss them.

As a final farewell, the chefs made us a "kiwi" traditional dinner. (New Zealanders refer to themselves as "kiwis.") They made pavlova for dessert, which was delicious and ridiculously sweet.



















Definitely forgot to post this picture with the last post... night kayaking was one of the highlights of our trip to Whangarei and the Bay of Islands.

I will do my best to keep you all updated over the next couple of weeks, but we're going to be doing a lot of traveling and will not have a whole lot of Internet access until we get to China on March 1.

Missing you all...
~Holly

3 comments:

Nora said...

Yay for pictures! OK, so the geek in me is slightly jealous of the desk you have there... ;) It's cool to see where you've been at in the last month or so.

Love you!

Jana Alexis said...

Pavlova!
Isn't it amazing!?!
An e-mail is forthcoming . . . about time, I know.
Love you.

Nora said...

Thank you for the postcard! I just got it today :) I enjoyed the details of it. Thanks :)

Love you!