On the way to Whangarei... Brent decided it might be worth stopping for a few photos. (I think he was right!)

This symbol is quite common in New Zealand. If you look closely, you can see a fern all closed up, getting ready to unfurl. It is supposed to symbolize new beginnings... pretty appropriate for this trip, if you ask me.
The picture of me with the apple was taken because Katie gave me the nickname "Apple Snob." She thinks I am snobbish with my apples because I absolutely detest the soft ones. I figure, if I wanted applesauce, I would just eat it. Fortunately, the apple I am pictured with here is a New Zealand Beauty apple... which equals incredible deliciousness. :)
I think I am missing some pictures... I'll have to look for them again on Katie's computer... but hopefully these give you just a taste of the amazingness we've been able to experience lately. Unfortunately, the pictures don't quite capture the magnitude of the beauty I've been able to drink in...
Blessings to you all!
3 comments:
Lovely pictures! I like the thing about the fern. That's really cool :)
Holly,
Sweet as pics. hehe
I totally need to plan a trip back there. Have ya'll figured out how they have silver ferns yet?
Holly
Great pictures. I wish we could be there to enjoy them with you.
Grandpa
Post a Comment