Sunday, February 24, 2008

February 22, 2008 – Friday

Today we went to Bondi Beach – a beach with incredibly powerful waves. (When we were in NZ, we watched a rescue show featuring Bondi Beach and a man that was killed by the strong waves). I went into the water for a little bit, but after a mouthful of salt water, I returned to my beach towel to study Chinese and soak in the sun.

I went to Hope Central Café with some of our friends tonight. We were invited to their youth group yesterday when we stopped by as we were walking back to the college. Sally, the owner of the café is a youth leader and was very discouraged. We were able to talk to our Dad with her, which was sweet. After that she invited us to come to their youth group.

While we were there, I spent most of the evening with a girl named Samantha. She rededicated her life to her Dad after my friend shared his real life story. It was really cool. Be thinking about her if you remember. I enjoyed spending time with youth again… it’s been awhile. It was sweet to see my Daddy working too. I think I'd really love to do something like that someday - have a coffee shop where teenagers can come and hang out...

No comments: