Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Good Saturday

This morning I got to talk with my lovely familia... everyone (except Zac) was around for Josh's sweet sixteen birthday celebration. It was SOOO good to see them all and talk to them. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again! It's hard to believe how quickly our time is going by. I'll be back in the States in less than three weeks! Craziness!!! (I'm not quite sure I'll be ready to leave by then... although knowing that I'll be able to see everyone again is definite motivation for coming home again). I just love China!

After lunch, I ended up going to do a little bit of babysitting for a family that lives here in Beijing. Sara and Josie were there earlier and I went to try to help out. We had a set of 11 month twins and an energetic 2 year old. While we were there, I got a wonderful Chinese history lesson from their dad. (He needed help with the kids while his wife was away... thus the reason for our being there). The history lesson helped a lot with the research paper I am doing on Mao Zedong and the events surrounding the People's Republic of China in 1949. It was very helpful information... and the girls and I observed some great parenting skills in action, which was also fun. :)

Umm... I'm SO looking forward to seeing you all when I get back!!!
~Holly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing you too! =)

<3 you