- We paid to enter the park (it was only 5 RMB - about 75 cents)
- There were LOTS OF PEOPLE - not a quiet place to get away to relax and sit down
- They had vendors there selling hotdogs (I think), various sugary snacks, Japanese robes, fake flowers, umbrellas, etc.
At the park, we observed many families together. Peope were picnicking, riding paddle boats on the lake, blowing bubbles, taking pictures, eating, laughing, and having a nice time. It was a neat cultural experience for Katie and I. Although it was very crowded, we managed to get some great pictures. I had trouble downloading them, so there's only a few this time. The cherry blossoms are just starting to appear, so it's very beautiful this time of year. I love spring!
We really enjoyed our time with Cat and Penguin as well. After the park, we taxied back to KFC (near our apartment), had some ice cream, and taught the girls how to play Dutch Blitz.
Katie, Cat, Penguin, and me
Lots of people
hopefully more pictures later...


1 comment:
I hear the cherry blossoms are a big hit there... with everyone, local and visitor alike. I saw a picture of some guy who was waiting really early to get pictures of the cherry blossoms before anyone else got there.
I can't believe it's only like three weeks until you are back! I can't wait to see you!
Love you!
Nora
Post a Comment