Friday, August 1, 2008

Everyday is a Holiday... and other randomness

Update on things with South Korea:
Sara and I have both received our visas!!! We are almost ready to apply for our traveler's insurance and send in the most ridiculous tax treaty document ever (talk about a headache!). My contacts and new glasses have been ordered. God is providing for me in ways that continue to remind me of His incredible faithfulness. Yesterday I found out that Bethel owes me a $100 dorm deposit refund (things got lost in the shuffle with me studying abroad last semester). It's absolutely perfect timing... because that is exactly how much my insurance will be costing me for the first three months. The Lord is SO FAITHFUL!

Everyday is a Holiday...
This is complete randomness and the result of boredom at Meijer Starbucks. A few weeks/months ago, I was talking with one of my coworkers about being bored and livening things up with celebrating random things. My friend Sara (who is going to Korea with me) had mentioned to me several months ago a really silly, fun website: www.everydayisaholiday.com.

Tuesday was national lasagna day - so my siblings and I ate lasagna for dinner while my parents were on their date night. We made it extra special by eating in the dining room and playing Imaginiff afterwards.
Wednesday was cheesecake day - so two of my coworkers and I bought cheesecake to eat during our Experiencing God Bible study at Bella Vita, which was absolutely marvelous!
Today Jordan and I made up our own holiday - Christmas in July. This consisted of purchasing white chocolate peppermint mistos, playing Charlie Brown Christmas music at Starbucks, making announcements over the PA about our white chocolate peppermint special for the day, and sharing some of our favorite Christmas memories with one another. Totally cheesy, and totally fun.
I'm not sure what we're celebrating tomorrow.... but it definitely helps the time at work go by faster... and makes for some fun memories. You can rest assured... I will continue to update you on my holiday festivities throughout the month of August before I leave.

Time for me to go to bed... I get to open in the morning!

No comments: