Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My First Day of School

Today went well for the most part. I met several other co-teachers and was overwhelmed with how friendly and welcoming they were toward me. I had several people tell me to ask them for help if I need anything at all. They were so very kind.

Lunch was interesting. Everything was spicy except the rice, soup, and nectarines. One of the co-teachers suggested that I start bringing my own lunch. She offered to bring her own lunch too, so that I wouldn't feel left out or whatever. A very kind gesture. I'm thinking I'm seriously going to have to ask God to give me a higher tolerance for spicy food even though I don't even want to like it... and probably for seafood too. Interesting the two types of food Korean is known for (spicy and seafood) are two of the types I avoid at nearly all costs. Oh well... I'll learn to adjust... part of the adventure! :)

So much more to come...

No comments: