Sunday, August 3, 2008

Growing Up...

I am officially starting to feel like a grown-up for the following reasons:
  • I bought new shoes last night. The main concern was not fashion, but arch support.
  • I bought new sunglasses (because my other ones broke... lasted 3 months though, which is some type of record for me) and wanted to make sure there was adequate UV protection.
  • I get sick if I don't have sufficient amounts of sleep, thus I find myself going to bed much earlier than my college days (and even those were on the early side sometimes).
  • I get sick if I have too much sugar/caffeine at once.
  • When preparing for meal time, I try to figure out a way to incorporate healthy fruits and vegetables.
  • Junior high kids in the youth group have no idea when I refer to memories from my childhood.
  • I'm learning about the wonderful, ridiculously confusing world of taxes, insurance, and the like.
I'm okay with growing up, though... even if it does make me feel old sometimes.

2 comments:

Nora said...

You're not old yet. Although i know what you're talking about with the jr. highers not having a clue about things from your childhood. And sometimes... i feel old, too ;)

G.N. said...

What a random blog to come across! So is what you are saying that feeling grown up generally pertains to taking care of yourself? When do you leave?

-Greg