Friday, January 23, 2009

Busan Bound!!!

It's Lunar New Year this weekend and Sara and I are headed to Busan (a big city on the southern coast of Korea)!!! We've been here for five months and haven't really traveled outside of the city much at all. This trip was a bit impromptu (we just decided to go on Tuesday), but we realized if we don't go now, we just may not have any other opportunities to take trips together this year with the school schedules and all. We've got to take these opportunities while we can! Praise God, we were able to reserve train tickets and accommodations pretty easily. It's kind of a miracle... nearly everyone travels back to their hometowns during Lunar New Year, so reserving tickets can be nearly impossible! Fortunately, God has provided some wonderful friends to help us make arrangements (Bok ja, Sung hee, and Kang Meesuk). I feel so loved and cared for by them... and Him.

Just tonight, as I was typing up an email to my mom, I began to realize why five months in one place seems like such a long time. Over the last two years, I haven't lived in the same place for more than five months:

Jan 2007 (4 mo.): Bethel - Tuckey Hall
May 2007: Grandma & Grandpa's
Summer 2007 (10 weeks): VA Beach
Fall 2007 (4 mo): Bethel - Egle Apartments
Spring 2008 (3 mo.): Pac Rim - almost constantly traveling
Summer 2008 (4 mo): Home
Fall 2008: Seoul

I guess that explains the restlessness, huh? Well, I'm packed and ready to go... rest assured, I will probably dedicate at least 3-4 blog posts to Busan upon our return. =)

The Happy New Year greeting - wishing fortune and health, I think:
say hay pok mah ni pa deh say yo!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Have fun in Busan! Make sure to check out Jagalchi Fish Market.