
This is Kang Meesuk. (I love this woman!) When I first arrived at Cheongryang, she was one (of many) teachers that welcomed me warmly. She is the teacher that drove to my apartment on a Saturday (shortly after my arrival in Korea) and dropped off loads of dishes and kitchen appliances for me to use. Throughout the past four months, she's been a constant source of encouragement to me. Sara and I were honored to visit her home this week for dinner.

Bulgogi (waiting to be cooked) - so delicious!!!!

She made potato pancakes, bulgogi, tuna salad, regular salad, and some seaweed soup (I always forget the name...). It was a marvelous meal.

I really enjoyed getting to know her daughter - Hyo Reem. (She is one year older than my sister Emma... perhaps that's why we clicked so well!)

It was such a sweet time. I can't even begin to describe how meaningful it is to be invited into a Korean home. I especially appreciated being around a family - made me feel a little more at home. What a blessing...
1 comment:
I understand the need for home. I'm so thankful God provided that place for you for an evening (and I pray He continues to provide it in little ways when you need it most). Keep updating, my wonderful Holly.
Post a Comment