Friday, January 2, 2009

Tea & Hospitality... and Buses

On New Year's Day, Janis, Sara, and I finally visited a Traditional Korean Tea house (one of the things that's been on my list for awhile). It was a nice time. The ambiance was a little different than we expected... the tea slightly expensive... and delicious!


My Choice: Japanese Apricot Tea (so maybe not exactly Korean tea...)


At the Tea House

For dinner, we were invited to the home of Brother & Sister Yoon (friends of Bok ja's). Brother Yoon is the pastor of Navigators at Hanyang University in Seoul. Their hospitality was such a blessing to us! We enjoyed the luxury of sitting in REAL couches, eating delicious food (salmon, noodles, cashews, salad, kimchi, and some other things I don't remember at the moment...). It was such a treat!!! So delicious!!! And their hospitality was incredible - so welcoming and warm.


Here we are with our hosts - Vince, Janis, and I are standing next to several of the Navigators sisters that are participating in a life training program at the Yoon's home. Sister & Brother Yoon are on the right side of the picture.


some delightful after-dinner entertainment...



They have such a beautiful home! I forgot to take more pictures... but they have quite a collection of souvenirs from all over the world - reminders to pray for the nations, Sister Yoon told us.

Janis and I were really blessed... just to be invited into their home - even though we hardly knew them. God has blessed me many times over through Bok ja. I'm so thankful for her!

Oh, and on our way home, Janis and I decided to take the bus (we've been feeling more confident in our Korean reading and navigation skills these days). Even though it sometimes takes longer, it's fun to ride the bus and see the city at night. Our bus ride turned out to be well over an hour... should have only taken about 20-30 minutes. However, we failed to think about crossing the street to take the bus in the correct direction! So, after 45 minutes of riding the bus, we found ourselves back in the same area we started... only heading the correct direction this time! We had a good laugh...

No comments: