Being sensible that I am unable to do anything without God's help, I do humbly entreat Him... to enable me to keep these Resolutions, so far as they are agreeable to His will...
-Jonathan Edwards
Just about every year, I tend to go overboard making elaborate goals and plans during this time. The quote (above) from Jonathan Edwards was an encouragement to me as I spent some time reflecting upon 2008 and preparing for 2009 on New Year's Eve. (I was blessed to have some extra unexpected time for reflection since my vice principal graciously allowed me to leave school 3 hours early).
Our New Year's celebration was rather low-key. Sara and I met up for dinner and splurged on a nice meal of bulgogi. Then we met up with our dear friend, Sung hee for coffee in Myeong-dong. (Sara has most of the pics, so I'll have to post them after I get them from her). =) We had some really great conversations. Then Sara came to my place and we spent some time reflecting on the great things God has done in 2008. We missed most of the countdown because we got distracted talking (surprise, surprise!), but remembered to look at the clock at the last few seconds. Definitely different from years past, but special in it's own way. One thing I really appreciated was "praying out the old year" and "praying in the new year" with Sara, a tradition that we have in my family.
God has done great things... and we're trusting Him for even greater things in 2009 (as we sing in God of This City).
No comments:
Post a Comment