Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thanksgiving Celebrations

Earlier, I mentioned that my Korean "parents" invited Sara and I to their place for Chuseok in October. Since Chuseok is somewhat similar to Thanksgiving, we decided to invite them over to my place for an American Thanksgiving meal (or as close as we could get).


We didn't have turkey, but the rotisserie chicken worked out just fine. =)
My Korean oma (mother) brought along some delicious japchae (sweet potato noodles mixed with veggies and pork... SOOOO amazing) and kimchi (the Korean trademark food - fermented cabbage in hot pepper paste... [not] my favorite)!


Another pic with my Korean family =)


American Thanksgiving Korean style - on the floor

Also, I promised a long time ago to post pics from our OEM Thanksgiving Banquet. Here they are... finally!!!

With Liza and Jackie. I'm so thankful we could meet through Korean class!!!


With Susie, Sara, and Kristen


me and Sara =)

*Special thanks to my sis, Emma, for being my outfit designer (via Skype). I had quite a time figuring out to wear, but she very patiently helped me figure something out, which I think ended up working out pretty well. =)

No comments: