The first wedding was the marriage of my dear friend and former co-teacher, Kim Kyunghan and her boyfriend, Moon Seong-pil. (I met him in February when they took me to the Deaboreum festival. I also wrote about Kyunghan during Thanksgiving my first year in Korea...). Kyunghan has been a dear friend and I was so honored to attend and celebrate her wedding. It was especially meaningful because I remember when her and Seong-pil first started dating! So fun...
Waiting for the ceremony to begin (yes everyone got to see the bride before she walked down the aisle!)
The lovely couple
friends of the bride and groom (we are in the upper right corner)
amazing friends...
Wedding dinner - buffet-style!
Immediately following the wedding ceremony, the couple changed into traditional Korean clothes and had a special, intimate ceremony with only their family members. Here they are, eating their wedding dinner after most of the guests had already left. It was a rather quick affair (like just about everything else in Korea...). Although, since Kyunghan and Seongpil had a Catholic wedding, the actual ceremony (which was quite similar to Catholic weddings at home) was much longer than regular Korean weddings, as I quickly found out the following weekend at wedding #2...
No comments:
Post a Comment